1. Sustainability In Action: In a series of Texas estuaries restorations specifically designed to test the ability to bring back the seagrass ecosystem with fisheries, animals and endangered species, food webs, seagrasses’ resilience stabilization of bottom sediments, and water clarity. The ecological balance between industrial development & ecology carried out by Texas seagrasses restoration, especially in industrial-damaged areas.
2. Gulf of Mexico Carbon Studies: This is a solution to partially solve Climate Change by taking carbon dioxide taken out of the air and storing it into marine sediment by seagrass and mangroves. We have just completed a study from Florida to Mexico of sequestered carbon showing massive seagrass losses over the last century in the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf of Mexico portion now contains about 174 Tg seagrass sediment carbon. Restored seagrass stores substantially more carbon than does natural seagrass. This means that conservation of seagrass should occur and large efforts to restore seagrasses where they have previously grown should occur to be a partial solution to Climate Change. Sponsored by Commission for Environmental Cooperation in North America, American Botanical Society, Kempner Foundation, Mitchell Foundation, Rockefeller Family Foundation.
3. Measuring Sequestered Carbon In Coastal Vegetation: (seagrasses, mangroves, marshes) Gulf of Mexico (Mexico and USA). Total estuaries extent and stock of carbon. Read More
4. Haiti Earthquake Disaster Relief: We had scores of medical professionals come to assist thousands of victims through our pop-up clinics which treated a wide variety of problems including continuing work with hundreds of prosthetics devices in partnership with Wyoming Prosthetics and Rockefeller Family Foundation and The Government of Brazil.
5. The Future of the Western Hemisphere: The western hemisphere, the next fifty years, a report to the International Club of Rome and the governments of the 38 nations of the western hemisphere. These reports included both problems and solutions to key points of potential crisis for health, energy, food, water, population, environment, economics, legal, arts, language and culture, and governance. Read More
6. Oil Spill in the Gulf: The Gulf Oil Spill, Damage Analysis and Mitigation. Read More
7. Restoration of Seagrass in Southwestern Asia: Workshop in June 2018 for seagrasses with vital statistics and directives coming from this.
8. Restoration of Seagrass in North Africa: Workshop and help for artisanal Fishermen to learn and plan for Seagrass restoration to bolster and remediate fish stocks.
Restoration of Pollution-Killed seagrass in Texas Estuaries.
Estuaries in Texas have had initial areas restored with success and fisheries recolonization.